[jawsscripts] Re: How to read bottom line of string only?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:16:20 -0700

Geoff:

StringSsegment may well do what you're looking for. The key is
determining what delimits these text lines. If it is, as u suggest, a
newline character, then something like the following should work:
String Function RetrieveCall()
var
string S-caller,
String S-text

let S-text = GetWindowText(GetCurrentWindow(), 0)
let S_caller = stringSegment(S-text, "\n", -1) ;retrieves last segment

Of course the GetCurrentWindow() was just a W A G, but the
StringSegment portion is accurate.

On 5/18/10, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Windows controls generally need a \r\n pair. (certainly the edit and
> rich text box controls do).
>
> StringSegment() looks like it could do what you're after (basically
> the last line of a multi-line string, right?).
>
> On 5/18/10, Geoff Chapman <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> HI Scripters.  I wish to work out, from a bunch of text in a frame, how I
>> can string monipulate such that I can read only the bottom line of a
>> stack,
>> which in this case will be the last call put on Hold, and which the
>> keyboard
>> focus will thus operate on when HoldRetreave is pressed from within this
>> telephony interface application I'm scripting for?  I know it must probly
>> have something to do with grabbing the whole  MultiLine string of the text
>> in the frame, and somehow getting jaws to search from the right hand end
>> of
>> the string, backwards along the bottom line, until it reached a
>> newLine/Carriage return character, then chopping everything from their to
>> the left, returning the remainder botttom line? but, I'm just a bit fogged
>> as to how to exactly code this type of funcionality?  Could anyone steer
>> me
>> on the right path here? and, is it a "\r" or "\n
>>  that I'd be looking for here? and is it double backslash that you have to
>> enclose in quotes when looking for one of these? ive just forgotten
>> somehow.
>> thanks so much for any pointers/info.
>>
>> geoff

> Soronel Haetir
> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>