[jawsscripts] Re: How to assign a phrase to key combinations?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 00:09:00 -0700

Saybro, I had a very brief look at the beezid site. Personally,
(though admittedly I'm not 100% certain), I think that setting your
graphical links to all, & having Jaws recognize all graphics, for
starters, may well assist u in finding these hidden buttons. In
addition, the jaws custom labeling feature can also help. I would be
very reticent to embark on writing scripts, simply because I
personally feel I'd be ripping u off, & that's something I bend over
backwards not to do. Never mind the fact that my mantra is 'don't
script unless u absolutely have to.' If u can convince me that none of
these customizations will work without scripting, we can talk about me
writing some scripts for u, but right now you'll pretty much have to
hit me over the head w/it, e.g., prove that none of the nonscripting
customizing techniques available in Jaws work w/this site. If you're
unaware of these techniques, I suggest u look at some of the Jaws
basic training materials, & we can talk privately, since this list is
pretty much scripting-related, & the nonscripting customizations are a
bit peripheral. I still think they'll work better than scripts for
this particular site, however.

If u have jaws 10 or 11 & skype, then perhaps a quick tandem over
skype session between us could aid u in locating & manipulating these
hidden controls.

Also, u don't tell us which version of Jaws or what browser and
version thereof you're using, which makes it even harder to offer any
sort of help. Knowing that info gives us a better idea which options
are available.

I commend your forray into scripting, wish u much success in that
endeavor, & hope you'll continue.

Best of luck w/Beezid as well.