[jawsscripts] Re: Help for my first scripting experience...

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:29:31 -0700

Vincenzo:

My, your an industrious young man! Much of the problem w/Fruity Loops
is that it has a very graphical interface, e.g., it contains bitmaps,
which Jaws simply cannot read. I've never heard of the other editor
about which u asked.

My advice to u, as a very longtime scripter, is to consider starting
out scripting w/something not quite so hard as an audio editor. These
often contain many functions & are highly graphical in their
appearance. If you've had no scripting experience before, it's like
throwing a 4-year-old into the lake & asking them to swim. Having once
had that experience, I can tell u it wasn't pleasant. Start out
w/something u can easily be successful with, then graduate to the
harder stuff as u become more proficient in the use of Jaws scripts. I
know 16-year-olds hate to hear this advice, but learn to crawl & walk
before u learn to run. Otherwise, it's easy to become discouraged &
give up.

Goldwave is a very accessible audio editor, as is Reaper, w/the
Reaaccess scripts.

Let me also invite u (& any1 else on list, for that matter) to
subscribe to the midimag list, which is a listserv for blind musicians
of all levels. The address is:
midimag dash subscribe at midimag.org
Don't cut & paste that, as I did some spam munging. U can figure it
out, I'm sure.

Don't hesitate to contact me privately if u think I can be of further help.

On 9/19/10, Vincenzo Rubano <vincenzorubano@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Vincenzo and I am 16. This is my first post in this list..
> I am blind and I am italian (so sorry for my mystakes! :)...and If you want
> you can correct them, also in private messages)...
> Well, I would like to ask you a question...
> I have not experience in scripting applications for jaws...
> But I would like to create jaws scripts for an audio editor....
> Now, I have to choose from two options:
> 1. Fruity Loops FL Studio (produced by image-line), but it seems very very
> hard to script....
> 2. Synapse Orion Audio Platinum (produced by synapse, website:
> www.synapse.com
> )...
> I would like to create jaws scripts for fruity loops, but I think I need
> help...
> What do you think about my problem?
> Can you tell me if it is possible to create jaws scripts for fruity loops?
> And for synapse orion?
>                                     Vincenzo.
>

>  --
>
>  Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
> autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f
>

>  Sponsor:
>
>  Paghe e stipendi, consulenza e collocamento, tutto con Emailpaghe! Provalo
> gratuitamente fino al 31/12/2010
>
>  Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid 682&d -9

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride