[jawsscripts] Re: Function for verifying the contents of a variable.

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:56:56 -0700

Saylien, it depends on how u initially defined the variable. If u
defined it as a string, then it's a string. If u defined it as a
handle or integer, then it's an integer.

Now--if u mean whether or not the text contained in a string is a
number, u can use StringToInt or StringContainsChars.

On 2/2/12, Saylien Brown <saybro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the latest build of JAWS 13 under Windows 7.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a JAWS function for confirming if the
> value stored in a variable is a number or text string? Sure there is,
> but looking through the list of over 250 functions to find it has my
> head spinning.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com