[jawsscripts] Re: Finding DOM element at the virtual cursor

I need a generic way to do this because the element that I am on may not
have unique id or name information.  In fact the only thing that may come up
for the elements I'm after are colspan=1 and one other one that I don't
remember.  But those are not unique values.
The GetTag functions only return an index not an object reference to an
element.  I need to get an element as an object variable so I can then work
within DOM functions.  Something like:

oElement=insert code that I'm looking for
saystring(oElement.innertext) (or some other DOM method/property)

Like I said I prefer working in the DOM.  It is much more powerful/flexible
than working with the JAWS functions.

I was originally thinking of using the virtual cursor column position if
that were in fact the sourceindex and then use code
such as:

iCol=GetCursorcol()
oIE=IEGetCurrentDocument()
oElement=oIE.all(iCol)

But this wasn't working for some reason.  In fact, I don't even think I was
succeeding in getting the "all" collection.  And as
I alluded to in my original post, I don't know if the virtual cursor column
represents the sourceindex of the document or not.

Any other ideas??