[jawsscripts] Re: Excel Web Query for Stock analysis

  • From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:12:14 -0500

Well Don I am not as smart as I thought I was.  I got the company report to
generate but I do it manually once on web site.  However upon further
reading there is an advanced way to generate the company report right from
the Excel spreadsheet.  I use Excel 2003 so code may vary among versions.
But if I figure it out I will gladly share with list.
I just posted how I generate report manually.
Instructions:
Download link for

Excel spreadsheet with a web Query for stock quotes called

StockQuoteTemplate.xls

You may Need to copy and paste link into your browser because link name is
too long.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FS7e8sn8rlQJ:www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-stock-quotes.html+Link+StockQuoteTemplate.xls&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

Enter on text only version and read page until download link

or Type "H" twice for download

After downloading and opening Excel spreadsheet called
StockQuoteTemplate.xls

2 buttons appear

 Press button that Enables data to be refreshed

press control +G for GoTo Excel command

type c6 and enter

Type any stock symbol and enter

 go to b11 right and left arrow for company stock quotes

On B11 enter on stock symbol to link to web

to get company report use Jaws+f7 enter on print report The print will not
go to your printer.

type x and check company report or   other desired check boxes

type b for button enter on generate report new browser window opens

company report displayed on screen which looks like a PDF

If I press control+p to print and select Freedom for OpenBook it does not
scan report into any format.

I called FS; FS states OpenBook does not work from Web.

I can save files in PIF or  xPs formats.

Press alt+F5 key to refresh

There are many links on this page as well.  It is easier navigating site

using this work book.

Microsoft link for Excel Web Queries:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa203721(v=office.11).aspx#odc_xlwebquery_introduction