[jawsscripts] Re: Events

  • From: Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:31:52 -0500

Also, be sure to pass on default functionality where appropriate. Once
you have accounted for your custom conditions, be sure you call the
default version of the function/script by firing it in the right spot
of your locally-defined function/script.

HTH,

On 2/24/10, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JAWS itself calls the event functions.  And yeah, it does get a handle
> as a parameter, should have looked at the FSDN on that one.
>
> As for which window it will trigger on all windows in a program that
> experience the right condition.  If a program has more than one window
> class that triggers the event and they need different handling then
> the function will need to contain logic to determine which window type
> is active and which branch to actually use.
>
> On 2/24/10, Tony <tonys_groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> OK, but in the case of the bottom edge event, the function calls for the
>> window handle to be passed to it doesn't it, as the first parameter?
>>
>> I'd obtain that using getFocus.
>>
>> However, as I don't actually call the bottom edge function, how is it
>> determined which window to monitor?

Chad Foster
Access Technology Solutions
Leveling The Playing Field Through Technology
http://www.GO-ATS.net