[jawsscripts] Re: Escape key in JAWS scripts

  • From: "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:09:36 -0400

Use the following line in your script:
PassKeyThrough()
{Escape}
and see what that does.

Thanks,
Dennis Brown
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Panes" <jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:57 PM
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Escape key in JAWS scripts

Hi David,

I can close the dialogue box from the keyboard using the escape key. For
some strange reason, this sequence does not work from a script. I am
baffled.

Regards,
Jim
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"Everything is easy when you know how."

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"James Panes" <jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx> 01:37 pm Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hi Robin and Dennis,

Thanks for your responses. The whole idea of passing the escape key to
the
application is to close an open dialogue. This does not appear to work
from
a script.

Am I going to have to find the close button and activate it?

----- Original Message ----- From: "East, Robin" <Robin.East@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>