[jawsscripts] Re: Does any event trigger when you use the quick nav keys?

That's great, thanks. I'll experiment a bit, and see if it's possible to write the file during the install to reflect the current JAWS version, since it may be anywhere between 7.0 and 9+.

This is a great place to start though.

----- Original Message ----- From: <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 4:31 PM
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Does any event trigger when you use the quick nav keys?

Here is example of the code to insert into a batch file:

@Echo Off
::Set the title.
Title Configuring JAWS for use.
::Set JAWS version.
Set JAWSVersion=9.0
::Define variables
Set MyDocsDirectory=%UserProfile%\My Documents
set UserDirectory=%AppData%\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\%JAWSVersion%\SETTINGS\ENU
set ScriptsDirectory=%MyDocsDirectory%\Archives\Jaws\scripts
Set AllUsersDirectory=%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\%JAWSVersion%\settings\enu
::Set up shipping IE files.
copy "%AllUsersDirectory%\Internet Explorer.js*" "%UserDirectory%"
ren "%UserDirectory%\Internet Explorer.jsb" "FS_Internet Explorer.jsb"
ren "%UserDirectory%\Internet Explorer.jsd" "FS_Internet Explorer.jsd"
ren "%UserDirectory%\Internet Explorer.jss" "FS_Internet Explorer.jss"
::Move our IE files into place.
copy "%ScriptsDirectory%\IE\*" "%UserDirectory%"

It will do what you are seeking with the default files, you'll need to
write the batch file accordingly though. I recommend googling some
examples of Windows batch files for other uses.

--Chad

On 3/9/08, Bryan Garaventa <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, any idea where I can get an example of such a batch file? I've never
created one before.

Would this recognize when no default jsb file is located within the personal
settings folder, then check the shared user folder for the correct jsb to
copy and rename into the personal settings folder as well?