[jawsscripts] Debug Verbosity Setting

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:00:34 -0400

With a little deduction and experimenting, I figured out how to use the
OT_DEBUG output type.  In my application, I place debug messages like the
following:
SayMessage (OT_DEBUG, "Main window at start = " + IntToString (ghVCAMain),
"Main = " + IntToString (ghVCAMain))

Actually, I see no practical use of both a long and short messages.  Apparently
FS felt the same way and if both a long and short message are provided, the
short message will always be used.  Therefore there is no sense in providing
two messages, so only thee following is needed:

SayMessage (OT_DEBUG, "Main window at start = " + IntToString (ghVCAMain))

The Debug output type can not be enabled in the Verbosity settings of
Configuration Manager, like Error or other messages.  It can be set manually
however, by adding the following lines to the configuration file for your
application:

[OutputModes]
DEBUG=2|2|2|DEBUG Message

If your configuration file already has an OutputModes section, just add the
second line.  To disable the debug statements, just put a semicolon (;) in
front of the second line or delete these lines for normal operation.

Using this method, I can leave the more informative debug statements in the
code and instantly enable or disable them.
Don Marang