[jawsscripts] Re: DLGSelectItemInList multi letter navigation

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:08:33 -0400

Applications need to "chain" events they include.  That is, whenever
there is not a compelling reason to block them, they should pass the
event on to default.jss.  Failure to do this can cause a lot of
problematic consequences, including the one you point out here.  You
are correct in your belief that an application script that does not
call the default KeyPressedEvent would mess up the multi-letter
DlgSelectItemInList search feature.

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 08:54:09PM -0400, Kamil wrote:
Hi folks,

Last year, there was a discussion on "DLGSelectItemInList multi letter
navigation".
One of the solutions was the one which Doug Lee had developed for Skype
script.
David trimmed it and put it in default in order to make it universally
available.

Considering that the implementation of this feature is done in the
KeyPressedEvent function of the default script,
what happens if the application in focus, has its own KeyPressedEvent, in
which it doesn't call the default one?

It is assumed that, the script of that application, is supposed to be kept
untouched.

Thanks,

Camille