[jawsscripts] Re: Creating accessible forms to manage databases in Microsoft Office 2007

  • From: "Graham Trevor" <grahamtrevor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:25:23 +1100

Hi Luciano,

Two things to try.

1.    I used to use a database called q & a, and found it easier than Access
or Excel. Not sure what it's like these days or if it's still available.

2.    Have you tried using Dreamweaver? You might be able to create nice
looking, easy-to-use  forms for both blind and sighted users and then import
that into Access. Or build an intranet database using Dreamweaver and mysql.

Been out of the loop for awhile, but I used to do lots with databases. So
I'm sure there's a way somewhere. May be it's as simple as writing better
scripts for Jaws to use Access.

Good luck! Like the long message hope it's the right answer. I've never
tried to answer before.

If anyone else reads this this is a great source for learning how to use
Jaws better.

Graham