[jawsscripts] CreateObject and COM classes

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:30:57 -0300

Good evening,
I am looking for information on the CreateObject() function.  What types of COM
classes can be instantiated through this function?  Specifically, I have a
COM-ATL class that returns the height and width of the primary monitor and
would like to be able to use this script in JAWS.  The class works without
problem when called from C++ and Javascript as an ActiveXObject.

- The script filename is ScreenRes.dll.
- The service name is ScreenRes
- The classname is DisplayMetrics
- The dll is registered under hklm

I have tried the following

Var obj
Let obj = CreateObject("ScreenRes")

And

Let obj = CreateObject("ScreenRes.DisplayMetrics")

Both return null

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Everett