[jawsscripts] Re: Coo Coo Clock Scripts

  • From: "johnvi javier" <johnvij@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:24:00 +0800

1. Open up script manager by pressing JawsKey+0 or Shift+Control+0.
Alternatively run the Jaws Manager and choose Script manager from the
listbox and press enter. Then press control+f4 to close the currently loaded
script.

2. Now press control+o which will bring up an open file dialogue box.

3. In the file name edit field Type in the following file name: default.jkm
then press enter.

4. Now press Control+home to insure that you are at the top of the
default.jkm file.

5. Press Control+f which will bring up the find dialogue box. JFW should
announce "find what edit field". In this edit field type in the following:
[Common Keys] then press enter and press escape to exit the find dialogue
box.

5. If step 4 is successful, your cursor should now be on the [Common Keys]
line. Now this is important! Press home to go to the beginning of that line
and then press down-arrow once so your cursor is below the [Common Keys]
line.

6. Now this is important! Press Enter a couple of times to give you room to
type in the following two hotkeys. The following syntax for the hotkeys goes
like this:

* one hotkey definition per line.
* KeyCombinationToBEAssigned=ScriptToBeAssigned

Example:
Control+JAWSKey+F5=SetCuckooClock
Shift+JAWSKey+F5=SayCuckooState

You can change the text before the equals sign to the key combination of
your choice.

7. Once you have completed the previous 6 steps then press Control+s to save
your modified default.jkm file. You will not get any confirmation message to
let you know that the deed has been done smile.

8. Press alt+f4 to exit script manager.

9. Shut down jaws with JAWSKey+f4 and restart Jaws again with your Jaws
hotkey usually Alt+Control+j.

10. Press the hotkey you assigned to Select a time interval and arrow to
your desired choice and press enter. Now you are set to go. Remember the
other hotkey you assigned will let you hear how often jaws will announce the
time.