[jawsscripts] Re: Can Logos 4 be scripted?

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 18:39:03 -0400

If you're at all handy with Script Utility Mode, check out the window
class name of the main window, whether it has descendants, and whether
it has MSAA objects. If you have just a single window, no MSAA
objects, and no OSM text (which is what you already discovered), you
found a difficult case, and something like Hot Spot Clicker may be
your best bet. If you see a window tree and/or a set of MSAA objects,
it might be possible to script that.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 05:07:49PM -0400, John Thomas wrote:
Hi

A few years ago I wrote a set of scripts for version 3 of the Logos Bible
software program. A couple months after I finished, the Logos folks rolled
out version 4. It is built on a totally different platform. My evaluation of
version 4 is that it cannot be scripted. I just want to check my assumptions
with the list here to see if my assessment is correct.

I assume it cannot be scripted, because I cannot read any text with either
the JAWS or Invisible cursor. The only thing I can read is the name of the
program with the PC cursor. The cursor routing functions also do not work.
With the previous version, I could use the invisible cursor to read any text
that was visible to a sighted user. Since I cannot read anything with the
JAWS or Invisible cursors, I assume there is really nothing I can do with
version 4. Is this correct?

Thanks,
John

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller