[jawsscripts] Builtin progress Bar command? or ideas for custom script for it?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:49:29 +1000

Although perhaps slightly off-topic, wondering if anyone new of any builtin
command already in jaws, to simply read/announce the progress bar, if it
exists, in a given window.
instead of having to listen all the way through,
to what seems to me, to be the extremely poor/long neglected and overdue for
tightening up,
current rendering of the Read Box, jawskey+B script?
BTW does anyone else think this Jaws+B
script is just incredibly ppoor? i.e. how many times it reads information, and
how although it's supposed to read in Tab order, or some such thing, it just
seems to read information most non-intuitively to me?
anywayz back to progress bars,
The progress bar info does get spoken if you are prepared to wade through the
announcement of the Read Box script,
but I just find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a dedicated keystroke to
announce just this info to end user.

And, if not, would any kind soul be prepared to provide some example code of
how I might go about creating a reliable script to return this info?

And, whilst on this trip, another piece of reeeally useful
info I'd very much like to be able to far more readily retrieve, is what list
Item I'm currently focused on, in a standard listbox?
At present, the only way I know how to hear this, is to hit ReadCurrentLine,
and wait through the whole shpeel this returns, to hear at the very end, this
information, x of y.

These two little things have been of some frustration to me for quite some
years.

Thanks much for any tips/feedback  on these.

Geoff c.