[jawsscripts] Braille marking position of cursor

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:41:37 -0400

I have another braille related question.

In this application I am scripting, I am noticing that if I tab to an
edit field which is blank, when Jaws is displaying the information for
that control, ( the name, type etc.) that Jaws will mark the first
character displayed with the dots 3 and 6 to indicate the position of
the cursor. Normally I would expect to see this marking immediately
after the position of the type of the field.  Is there something I
should be doing to maintain the standard cursor positioning?  If I tab
to a field which contains data, then the position of the cursor is shown
at the beginning of the data in the field as it is supposed to do.

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779