[jawsscripts] Re: Beta 0.7 of IEMax (extending JAWS support for Internet Explorer)

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:18:28 -0500

that's neat!  I'm curious about your code to navigate to a web page and
complete a form.  Under Vista, I had trouble doing this because of
security settings (although I was using a .NET language rather than JAWS
script at the time).  What Windows version are you using, and did you
have to change your security settings?

Jamal

On 2/19/2010 6:37 PM, Donald Marang wrote:
> Primarily, I have scripts in "BrowserAddIns.jss" that get merged with
> Internet Explorer and Firefox in addition to scripts for the DIRECTV2PC
> application all in one package.  Actually, there is an alpha of a third
> script file that gets merged with the default scripts to control the volume
> of the current application in "AppVolumeDefault.jss".  The combined package,
> DirecTV is available at:
>   http://mysite.verizon.net/marangs/DirecTV.html
>
> Most of the browser scripts are to support using TitanTV.com to find shows I
> want to record on my DirecTV R22 DVR.  There is a table reading mode that
> can be toggled by Control + Shift + T.  When in table mode, you can just use
> the arrow, Home and End  keys to move around in the TV listings grid (or any
> other HTML table) with single keys.  It basically will send the Alt +
> Control keys along with these keys.  I like the TitanTV listings a lot!
> Once I find a show I want to record, I simply press Control + Shift + R, to
> set the recording with DirecTV.  It will grab the show name, announce the
> channel and time it will be on as it launches the mobile DirecTV DVR
> Scheduler in a web page.  It will log me in, go to the search page, fill in
> the show name and click the search by title button.  I use this to record
> one to four shows each day.  It saves me time and a lot of tedious
> navigation.
>
> I also have handy functions based on code posted to this list to switch
> browsers.  Actually they open the current page in the browser you want.
> Control + Shift + F will open the page in Firefox and Control + Shift + E
> will open it in Internet Explorer.  I use this extensively to switch to
> Firefox when I encounter a CAPTCHA.  Since it gets installed in both
> browsers, I figured it would be fair to be able to switch back.  They also
> can be used to open a copy in the same browser.
>
> Don Marang

>>> 5.2 in order for it to work on 64 bit systems.  I upgraded from 5.2.x to