[jawsscripts] Re: A suggestion is needed to perform a say function with every navigation and when item gains focus

  • From: Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 00:00:24 +0530

I don't know if it works or not, shall try.
but are there fewer functions that I need to recreate or modify like value
changed event, ActiveItemChangedEvent, focusChangedEvent or some others you
can suggest me, so I don't need to modify that large number of scripts, or
this is the best way you suggested me?
Thank you, Jitendra.

Bryan Garaventa wrote: Ah yes, I see what you mean. This other method will
likely work better then. Go into the default script file, and copy all of
thescript declaration names that you want to attach your script to,
includingSayWindowPromptAndText, and add them manually to your own scripts
like so... Script SayLine() ; Do something before the original script is
run... PerformScript SayLine() EndScript Script SayPriorLine () ; Do
something before the original script is run... PerformScript SayPriorLine()
EndScript Script SayNextLine () ; Do something before the original script is
run... PerformScript SayNextLine() EndScript Etc... Untill all of the keys
that you want are covered. Would this work better? ----- Original Message
----- From: "Jitendra" <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>[1] To:
<jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 3:59 AM Subject:
[jawsscripts] Re: A suggestion is needed to perform a say function with
everynavigation and when item gains focus for What I have in mind, you may
need to read again my very first message, but in short: I have a time
string,it may come in a list and in edit boxes, and I want jaws to read that
string as I wanted, I have formatted it with a function as hh,mm,ss and now
stored it and want to say when navigation happens, switch back to the app,
insert+ tab key is pressed, and when item gains focus by any other means,
such as JAWS automaticly reads the item state, text, label or any other
thing. Note: the list views are standard lists, and MSAA can tell their
headers and text as well, but btw, the keypressed event function says my
string for sure, but skips other list items and their headers. Thank you.
Youwrote: If you would like to, you don't need to check for specific keys if
you want the event to fire with every keypress though. Is this the behavior
you had in mind? __________ Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script
Repository http://jawsscripts.com[3] View the list's information and change
your settings at //www.freelists.org/list/jawsscripts[4] __________
Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository http://jawsscripts.com[5]