[jawsscripts] Re: A question!

  • From: Engin Yılmaz <engin_yilmaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:10:44 +0200

Hello, My name is Engin Yilmaz . Sevgiler means like sincerely in turkish
which is the part of my signiture.
Thank you for your questions. I want to answer them as I Know:
1. Actually I am using JAWS 10..0 but in that company where the telephone
operation program works, there was jaws11.0.
2. You can access to list view with arrow keys or tab key. or, there are a
series of edit boxes navigated by tab keys in the program. for instance,
when you come to last name edit field and write something, the list view
that include the contacts with that lastname appear and JAWS identifies it
as a list view. In fact jaws can read the first item in that moment on that
list. but when you arrow down to see the next item, although the focus come
to second item, JAWS does not say anything unless you press say line
command.
3. Actually I don't  know what is happennning visually when I focus to a
different item When I go to that company I will ask it to a sighted person.
But I know that JAWS can identify the new item. I know this because when I
press insert+tab, JAWS says two of nine three of nine like the index of item
that has been focused but does not read the item text with insert+tab.
In addition, When I press insert+5 tu learn the color combination, there was
no change white on blue like that.
4. The answer is exactly yes. In fact I write a temporary script for my
friend working in that company. when ctrl+windows+down arrow is pressed JAWS
goes to route jaws to pc read the information in line in the order as we
determine and comes to p c cursor again. the interesting point is this,
although it reads the item with route jaws to p c or say line command, it
does not read it automatically.
5. This list is a part of a telephone operation program for a medical
company. the task is to answer the comming phones, write the last name, if
there are multiple contacts select the correct one from the list and
transfer the  phone into correct one. a clasical job but everything is done
with computers including answering the job. there is no internet explorer
related software of java.

as you said JAWS somehow know that it focus to a new item but something is
missing.
Here I want to ask another question. in first step, because we can read the
item with sayline command, I tried to write a scripts by using it. But my
friend ask that  jaws first reads the name than the number although it is
reverse in the item. for such kinds of situations I can use jaws cursor by
saying
jaws end
prior word
let name = getword
etc.
is it possible to divide a unique item like getline or get ItemText?
Thanks for your help.

Engin YILMAZ
Engelsiz Erişim Grubu Üyesi ve GETEM Direktörü
www.engelsizerisim.com
www.getem.boun.edu.tr
tel: 0532 552 11 40
iş tel GETEM: 0212 359 76 59