[jaws-uk] Re: white noise query

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:26:25 +0100

Hi Paul,

If it really is the fan, you should be very cautious about using the pc
until you have had the machine checked.

The processor fan keeps the processor cool enough to operate and if it
reaches a temperature which exceeds it's normal working level, it could
damage your processor and cost you a lot of cash.

Sometimes fans fail because they are working most or all of the time and are
mechanical but sometimes it is just a matter of something having touched the
fan blades and only needs moving out of the way.

HTH,

Phil Medway.