[jaws-uk] Re: midi files

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:57:53 +0100

Hi Kevin, a MIDI file isn't a music file, it's a data file, if you like the
modern version of a player piano. In that case there were lots of little
holes cut into a rol that told the piano what notes to play. In the case of
midi it's a sequence not of musical notes, but instructions to the keyboard
telling it what notes to play. Each step is called an event.
  Have you got your keyboard midied up to your pc? What software are you
running?
  Forgive me if you know all this already, and I've misunderstood, but as
you'd only mentioned WMP, and no midi related software I just thought I'd
check the situation.
                    John.