[jaws-uk] Re: jaws pricing

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:57:37 +0100

Hi Amie.

Unless someone here has some actual data to show otherwise, I can see no
evidence of JAWS losing its position of market leader any time soon.  This
does not mean to say Others are not gaining more of a market share.  Despite
all the good things it has going for it, no one is really seriously saying
that apple is going to overtake Microsoft any time soon.  It's a bit off
topic but I am interested in what you say about people preferring the PC.  I
always thought that in the field of creative media that everyone thought
that apple was best in terms of the reliability of the operating system and
functionality of software and products.  This is based on my perception not
hard evidence.

I am not saying that JAWS is the best product out there.  Others who have
worked with both products up close particularly in the area of scripting
etc. are in a better place than me to judge product quality.  What attracts
me to the mac is that you can use it with the mac operating system and with
windows as well with the ability to choose or by running windows in a
virtual machine so you can alt tab between them.  Not sure if the keystroke
is alt tab but who cares the keystroke you use is a minor detail!

Graham Page

Home Phone: 0207 265 9493

Mobile: 07753 607980

Fax:  0870 706 2773