[jaws-uk] Re: i-pod shuffle:

  • From: "RaZorbacK" <lists_en@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:06:41 +0200

 jim o,brien,You wrote:
> hi tink, thanks for that info. yes i am a jaws user. do you have a
> shuffle? and if so, do you listen to books on it? i am thinking how
> useful it would be when on holiday, instead of taking a caseful of
> machine and books.

have you heard about some accessible Archos models? unfortunately, those models
have been discontinued but you may still find some of them on ebay for example.
A firmware adding talking feature to those models can be installed to replace
the original archos one. it's called rockbox and it's open-source. I have one
and i'm happy with it, i'm totally blind and it's totally usable for us.

more info here: www.rockbox.org