[jaws-uk] help

  • From: "ron sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:44:32 +0100

My computer has locked up with no speech and a message as follows.

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
System 32 drivers  ntfs.sys.  You can attempt to repair this file by
starting windows setup using the original setup cd ROM.  select R in the
first screen to start repair".

Now the problem is this.  I bought the computer second hand and don't have
the CD at least I don't think I have.  In any case as there is no sound the
CD would not play audio unless the info is in text format.  There is no
cursor on the screen which is a new flat screen monitor.  Would installing
this have caused the problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Using JFW 4.51 and Windows X P home.

Cheers

Ron
Regards Ron