[jaws-uk] Re: correct command for jaws 9

  • From: "William Burton" <william.burton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:24:56 -0000

Hi Francis,

The Control Alt J keystroke is one that you need to set up yourself,
JAWS doesn't do it for you. Perhaps it might be useful if you keep
control alt J for JAWS 8, but use something like control alt H for JAWS
9. That way you can easily go between your full version of JAWS and the
demo of version 9.

Either way, to set it up you can go to the desktop, find the JAWS 9
shortcut then press Alt and Enter. When you're in the JAWS 9 Properties
dialog, tab to the shortcut key edit. In here you can press your
shortcut key (for instance control alt H). Then press the OK button to
save and close it.

Regards,
William Burton
Technical Support