[jaws-uk] Re: buying a laptop

  • From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:04:28 -0000

Hi Paul

discussion on laptops has been ongoing on access-uk recently.  I very much
doubt you will get one that runs windows xp now, as the market has gone over
to vista.  You would have to upgrade to jaws 9 if you want to go down this
route.  JFW8, and the newest flavour, jaws 9 will run on vista, but previous
versions of jaws most certainly will not.  Whether you could get a
second-hand one and run an older version of windows on it so that you could
use your existing version of jaws is something the more technically minded
people than myself will have to answer.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx