[jaws-uk] Re: [access-uk] Alliance & Leicester Online Security Warning

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:39:40 +0100

Fraud and Banks.
I am not sure just what is going on but in my town all banks  had to close
cash machines other weekonly 1 machine open seems cameras were being found
above cash machines. However my local Bank  one of the largest, said not to
keep much money in a current account it was not safe., I explained I do not
have a chip and pin card but 1 they give to Vips so you can sign not fiddle
trying to punch in numbers. she still said just keeping more than you need
in a current account is very risky now., I know this  is not the same as the
Issue you are discussing, but it does indicate how prelevant Bank fraud is

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr Norman Waddington" <normanwaddington504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/07/2009 3:21 pm

Hi

While I know most people on these lists are security conscious and are
unlikely to fall for scams, I thought I'd just post this anyway.

Today I have had several Emails pertaining to be from Alliance &
Leicester,
asking me to go online and update my security details. I have had this
message to two different Email addresses. While I do have an alliance &
Leicester personal account, I have not set up online banking with them,
so
know I do not have an online account. Even if I had, I like most of you
would know never to click on links within Emails asking for security
details.

So there is currently a fraudulent Email doing the rounds claiming to be
from Alliance & Leicester, so be warned!

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx