[jaws-uk] Word queries

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:16:54 +0100

Paul

I am familiar with the problems you describe in Word.  Not sure if it is
version specific - I am using Word 2000.

I have found two things that sometimes help with the repeat reading -

1 Make sure the Word window is maximized - press alt and space, then press X,
or arrow to maximise.
2 Make sure the Word view is normal, most documents from 3rd parties tend to be
in print view.  Press Alt v to go to the view menu, and select normal (first on
the list).

As for the time taken to launch Word, I have no ideas on this.  I find if I
launch Word by opening an attachment, I then have to minimise all open items
and tab to Word to access the file.  A bit of a nuisance, but I have got used
to it.

Hope this helps.

Ken