[jaws-uk] Re: Windows Live Mail

  • From: "Belinda P" <bcpfizz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:24:36 +0100

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the suggestion about Eudora, but if I was going to use Webmail for
my Hotmail account I may as well continue with Outlook Express which I really
like.  As I'm sighted myself I can use a mouse so WLM is not going to be too
difficult for me, but I teach computing with Jaws/Zoom Text etc and I love
Outlook Express as it's so easy to use with the keyboard and a screenreader.  I
also use the keyboard myself a lot as I find it easier and faster than using
the mouse.

I think there must be bugs with the way WLM moves through the folder list with
the keyboard.  Eg sometimes the up/down arrows have to be pressed once,
sometimes twice, sometimes they don't work at all.  Also sometimes the focus
moves from the Folder list to the message list automatically (annoying and
unnecessary) but sometimes it doesn't.   Anyone who uses the keyboard to
navigate, with or without a screen reader, is going to have problems with this
program.  I have fed back my thoughts to Microsoft and hope that lots of others
do too.   The feedback page is here:
https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?mkt=en-us&productkey=wlmaildesktop&wa=wsignin1.0
Belinda