[jaws-uk] Wich jaws version for Old laptop?

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:36:56 -0400

we have an old laptop here running win 95 A on a 100 mhz cpu wiht 40
megs of RAM.

We bought that laptop before i lost my sight and I did use it with
speech once upon a time. However, I do not remember what jaws version
I used at the time.

Does anyone know the system requirements of the jaws 3.x generation
still? I have a hardware synthesizer I can use and the first version
of jaws I used was 3.0.

I found that jaws 3.7.x worked best with win 9x at the time but am
wondering if the above laptop would  be good enough to run jaws 3.7U or 3.7.1.

Any recommendation is much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Doris