[jaws-uk] Vista.

  • From: "Sue Morgan" <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 20:18:57 +0100

      Hi.

I've bought a new laptop which runs Vista.

I put my version of Jaws on the machine last week which is version 9.  I typed
in the authorisation code and the license was accepted.  A week later, I was
asked to start the Jaws activation again which I did as Jaws was currently
running in 40 minute demo mode.  The activation again was successful, but I'm
wondering why I had to activate Jaws again when it's been running for a week
without any problem.

I'm also wondering how to read my list of contacts in Windows Mail.  I open up
the list of contacts with control, shift C, but Jaws reads the first contact
name and nothing after that.

One last question I have is when shutting the machine down,  I press U for shut
down then I have to cursor to the option I want to select, whether it be
shutdown, restart etc.  Nothing happens when I press U for shutdown as I used
to on the machine I had with XP.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions as I know very little about Vista.

Sue.
E-mail sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Live Messenger sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype suemorgan1006