[jaws-uk] Very annoying: JFW activation woes

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:20:13 +0100

Hi all,

Just reformatted machine (installed since December on this box, and only
used one activation request to register JFW).  Anyway, come to register
this afternoon, only the activate over the Internet would not work -
just continued to hang on the point of contacting the server.  I take it
it contacts the server on port 80 right?

Anyway went to do it on www.fsactivate.com <http://www.fsactivate.com/>
, and luckily got it working, however, I now only have one activation
left!!!  I have put in for a reset, but due to the system equipment
being exactly the same, why is this deplenishing the activations like
this?

Thanks.

Andrew.