[jaws-uk] Table Creation Problems

  • From: "marvin hunkin" <marvkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:59:28 +1100

Hi.
now, for my star trek page, got tables, for the cast of each series.
will paste some of the code for one of the tables.
now, can anyone help me to make this more accessible, look better, and read
better with jaws?
so that i can have each row, when reading by paragraph mode for each cell,
instead of one long list.
also with the headings, for the part and actor, would like to have that on
one line, with a space, same for the name and character on one line, with
space inbetween, isntead on two lines, for each cell.
is this how to code tables accessibly?
now, if not, any suggestions, for displaying this information, accessibly
for all.
cheers Marvin.
<caption>Star Trek Original</caption>
<th> <h3>Actors Name</h3> </th>
<th> <h3>Part</h3> </th>

ps: when i hit t, in internet explorer, instead of saying the table summary,
just says the caption.
have put the table summary and caption code in the style sheet.