[jaws-uk] Re: TV tuners with Jaws

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:01:54 -0000

they are not built in but I know many have had success with the nebula
electronics freeview boxes which connect by USB.

Go to www.nebula-electronics.com

A visit to this page suggests to me that Nebula does not actually make any
hardware anymore , maybe someone else can confirm this.  instead you get
software that works as an add-on to your existing tuner so try downloading the
software and see if it works with your equipment.

You will find that the audio  and video stops after 2 minutes and you need to
reselect the channel in order to get it working again but this should help you
check to see if it works OK with your tuner.  I understand from the site that
the first tuner you license it with costs £29.99 and subsequent tuners cost
£9.99

I don't know what happens here if you ditch one tuner or have to get one
replaced.  It hardly seems fair to have to pay a full £10 just for the
privelege of changing PC but I can do nothing about that!!!

Cheers

Graham

Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493