[jaws-uk] Re: Susn McDonald Martin wiltshire Jaws is broken.

  • From: "susan mcdonald" <susan_mcdonald52@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:19:40 +0000

Dorothy,

I transfered the Information from 50 floppy Discs onto one of these thumb
drives and still have room to put mor documents onto it, the ones I have ,
came with a cord to hang around your neck if you are worried about carrying
them in your bag, also you can put Braille onto the case so you know what is
on each one withoutgoing onto the computer to find out.  I keep one just for
instructions for changing batteries in clocks and watches etc and my recipes
so I don?t have to search through a pile of tapes and discs for the one I
want, if you can use a floppy you will be able to use one of these, and
because my stack is on the floor I have a lead that comes from a USB port to
the side of the monitor so I can plug into that instead of fiddling around
at the back of the stack for the right place to plug into.  You can save
documents in any format including pictures because when you plug in you will
be given a list of how you will want to access the drive.   You might need
sighted assistance for the first one as there as a disc that comes with each
thumb drive which is for installing software onto your computer to allow you
to use the drive, but that only has to be done for the first one after you
can use the same USB for any of your drives.  Just think of all the space
you can save not only on your computer but shelves too