[jaws-uk] Re: Struggling to understand customisation in 7.0

  • From: "Carlos Vallejo" <carlos.vallejo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:56:29 -0000

Hi Catherine
With Word opened, press INSERT+F2.
Press C for configuration and press ENTER. You'll hear JAWS announce the configuration file it has opened.
Press ALT+S to bring up the menu.
Arrow down to TEXT PROCESSING and press ENTER.
Press tab until you find the item you need. Please remember that in most cases you land on radio buttons which you enable by placing the highlight moving the up or down arrow on them. Once you've altered what you want to alter press ENTER on OK and then press CTRL+S to save your changes.
More important than any of the above, is to remember to press INSERT+F1 if not sure what the setting one is about to alter does. Finally, in Jaws7 you can re-load all the original settings by keying: Jaws7 /default in the run window. To go to the Run window you press WINDOWSKEY followed by the letter R. Knowing this last thing has made me loose my fear of messing things up for ever!
I hope you will very soon re-gain your confidence while working with Jaws.

Carlos V.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>