[jaws-uk] Re: Spyware

  • From: "ron sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:01:15 +0100

That's a useful tip, thanks.

Ron
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Vanja Sudar
  To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:43 AM
  Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Spyware

  Hi,

  you don't have to use narrator if you want to avoid that problem when using
first part of the installation, there's a trick that works and you don't have
to unload jaws.  If you locate the spybot installation .exe file, go to
properties, choose compatibility tab, there you will see a checkbox saying
something like "run this program in compatibility for" then from combo box
choose windows 98/me, click apply then OK and the installation should go fine
without needing to unload jaws.  HTH.
  Vanja
  MSN messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx
  AIM: vanja121