[jaws-uk] R: Re: loss of sound at start up:

  • From: "Robert Portal" <robert.portal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:20:26 +0200

Jim and Ron,

In Windows XP there is an option for de-activating audio under the
Volume tab in Sounds in the control panel.  The check-box concerned
needs to be unchecked for audio to work.  I seem to remember that there
is a hot key combination which will also de-activate audio but if I ever
knew it I have now forgotten it.  It may be that pressing the same key
combination when audio has been de-activated would re-activate it.

Best wishes

Robert Portal