[jaws-uk] Problems With Jaws 6.0 - Further Information

  • From: Caroline.Ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:40:05 +0000

Hello,

Following George's suggestion yesterday to turn off the automatic re-boot
of my PC when a system failure occurs, I have just had a blue screen after
using Jaws 6.0 for about four hours.  It is always after approximately this
length of time that Jaws 6.0 slows down dramatically and then re-boots the
PC, but now I have made the suggested change, we were able to write down
the contents of the blue screen, which are as follows:

      STOP : 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xA001FA95, 0x00000001, 0x00000048)
      XMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
      Address A001FA95 base at A0000000, Date Stamp 3cdb4146 - win32K.sys
      Beginning dump of physical memory .....contact your system
administrator....

I hope this makes sense to someone and might shed some light on why my
system seems to dislike Jaws 6.0 so much.

Thanks,

Caroline.
Confidentiality: This communication contains information which is
confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is for the exclusiveuse of the intended
recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that
any
distribution, copying or use ofthis communication or the information in it
is
strictly prohibited.

immediately and then destroy any copies of it.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mailthat do not
relate
to the official business of North Lincolnshire Councilshall be understood
as
neither given nor endorsed by it.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes and therefore you should neither expect
nor intend any e-mail to be private in nature.

Viruses: please remember that the Internet is not a 100% secure
communications medium. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and attachments are free from viruses, we advise that in keeping
with
good computing practice the recipient(s) should satisfy themselves that it
is
free from any virus or other harmful component as we do not accept
responsibility for any loss or damage it may cause to your computer
systems.