[jaws-uk] Position in list of folders

  • From: "keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 18:16:48 -0000

Dear all,

Jaws 7, XP.

I think I may have raised this point some time before, but I can't recall
any answers, so I'll try again.

This is a phenomenon I am experiencing since using XP. I should say that
have set everything to FS's recommendations.

I have various drives on my computer, all containing lists of folders.

I use the Run command to get to these various folder lists.

Very often, instead of the PC cursor landing at the top of the folder list,
it lands halfway down.

On interrogating the colour of the line I am on, I find it is white on
midnight blue, and this colour applies to all lines, except the one above
that on which I have landed. The colour of this line is white on navy.

This colour, I believe, is related to the mouse which is hovering somewhere
close. I can move the mouse away by pressing the Jaws cursor, doing a page
up, and then home, but it is most annoying to have to do this every time I
land on a folder list.

Does anyone else have this problem, do they know what is causing it, and is
there a way of stopping it from happening, please?

With best wishes,

Keith