[jaws-uk] Pdf Files and anti-virus

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:24:00 +0100

Wendy sharp.     Dear Wendy   PDF files are now very commonly used and  so
long as they are well put together should notbe hard. I do recall having one
which was nicknamed The Dredded Moorfields file It was not readable and for
a major  Eye Hospital, so you need to be watchful but  there many good
reasons for them  Now anti-virus I found myself navigating a Website  that
was mostly Pdf and I could send it to you off list. I contacted the DCC
Department of Consumer council about an article I heard on a talking
Magazine on UlA that is unfair Licence Agreements, many of which had been
referred to the Office of Fair Trading Reason for my contacting them? Ok
anti-virus products  they should be able to work  in this day and age with
Jaws and the main screen Readers like Eyes and Supernova,  the DRC can do
nothing since they come under manufacturered Goods and are excluded by the DDA Act

are aware of this problem and will do their best the writer of one article
said he would raise it himself in his meeting with the Software companies
 know it will all take  a long time.
As mentioned the File is large but should you like it please askoff list Dorothy However the time it will take is depressing