[jaws-uk] Oversize Messages

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:35:46 +0100

In order to keep the size of the Digest version of this list
down, posts are limited to a maximum size of 10,000
characters.  For what it's worth, that equates to around 3-4
pages of A4 in print.  And if you send in HTML, it's barely
one page.

Anything more has to be approved by a moderator - who sure
as heck doesn't keep a 24/7 eye on list postings.

Unless you change your freelists settings, everyone should
get a copy of their own postings. (And in theory, you should
also get an over-size message warning.) So if you don't see
your own psoting, you now know why.

So may I ask you to please prune postings, although so try
to leave enough that is relevant to the message you are
reponding to?

I'm sorry but I'm not going to keep approving oversize
postings, while getting complaints from digest users about
messages which repeat the last goodness knows how many
messages.

George.
Moderator.