[jaws-uk] On Line Banking with InG Direct

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:56:03 +0100

I wonder if anyone can help me, I am asking a similar question to another
Jaws Lister.  I do not do on line banking, I am not sure if I ever will.
However I persuaded by using the DDA Act to the point of conciliation to
provide me with information in my required format.That being Audio tape or
CD. They are a  subsidiary of a  very large Dutch Bank.  They had said they
would  only provide in Bold Print or Braille now I know people who do not
have computer and Scanners but could listen to bank statements  on tape or
CD. so I persisted and  they have agreed.  However whilst at the meeting  I
spoke to the Manager, I asked him about  his www etc. He said they were
working on it and mentioned JAVA. I have Java on  this computer, I think I
know the Origin of the name but not what it does. Wasn't it some bright
teckys who drank a lot of  Coffee?, you know I love the Java and it love's
me.  A myth? Ok
Anyway. the Manager told me how he knew that Jaws was "free to all" he
seemed sure of this. He must have got the idea from somewhere . I suggested
he give the Freedom Website a  look-over, or phone Freedom, after all  only
pence a minute and they are five hours behind us, so cheap rate. He said he
would look into it. He had a very posh car and a navigator thing you  tap a
postcode in and was actually a nice man. I would  rather I had not to go to
the point  where if they did not agree a Court Option is the next step.
However I am not nimble on Websites. So can  someone who is  using Jaws see
how easy the ING Direct website is. and  come back to me. Also I did tell
him if an employee lost sight he  couldn't sack him or her but would have to
provide  Access Technology I said I thought the Government may even give a
bit of a Grant, he seemed very doubtful about the latter. So if you can try
them out I  shall be grateful Dorothy