[jaws-uk] Re: Off topic query

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:43:43 +0100

For small to medium file size storage, if you have a USB port then get hold
of one of the many USB key type devices.  Even the smallest of these will
pack a rather large wad of floppy disks worth of info into it for less now
than the equivolent in floppy disks if brought new.

CDs of any kind are great for very large data sets and one shot backup but
not eesy to manage in terms of incremendtal file storage, also if you have
software that allows you to overwrite and incrementally update the right
kind of CD media you may find you wish to use this on another machine which
does not have the special reading software you need to read the CDs you have
formatted to use this way.

It is not possible to successfully format double density disks as high
density.  It is possible to it the other way around although there is no
very good reason why anyone should these days.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support