[jaws-uk] Re: More JAWS and Word problems

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:53:13 -0000

As far as I know we don't have any Word 2003 users having such serious slow
downs as you appear to be having, one thing I have noticed with MS Office
installs since 2003 is that in some cases it has been possible for users to
turn on the speech recognition features of Office somehow by accident, it
sounds like the PC is working very hard at something.  I cannot be certain but
I would suggest running the main Word setup and see if you can trim the speech
recognition features off the installation if you don't need them, that will
stop them becoming active in any way.
Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology