[jaws-uk] Lousing all sound on laptop

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:09:51 +0100

 Hi List  I have managed  to unmute my Toshiba but  only by not using the full
keyboard I  normally use as  it is easier for me.

 I could tell by the Shield on screen  laptop  was on  after the Shield was a
blue screen but I  couldn't with little sight see detail.
 I think I did the following held down on laptop itself a key at bottom of
laptop and pressed Escape then pressed a Function key at top of laptop  on left
side a Function key I then released the key on lower row which I had kept
fingure on and waited and Sound came on. I did not go into Run or type any
letters at all. I have explained this poorly I fear but it worked.  Perhaps I
do need the patch back again. I sent it to Kevin Morris last week, I have not
heard  since so I do not know  if he found it helpful or contacted James Watt
of Toshiba Who as I explained is helpful in VIPs Issues Dorothy