From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jaws-UK" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 1:32 PM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Looking for Default Dictionary Advice

Hi List.

I've been messing about with the default dictionary in version 8 to try and
find a way to stop JAWS from announcing the following;

period period period

I receive a couple of newsletters in which the author always breaks up
sentences by inserting three periods broken by a space, so its period space
period space period.

I can't find any way of telling JAWS to ignore these three spaced periods
and just move on to the next piece of text. I've tried entering the exact
text into the dictionary and telling JAWS to treat it as a space, but this
just doesn't work. It does stop it from announcing three periods, now its
only two I hear!

Can anyone suggest a method that might achieve what I'm after?

Regards.

Darran