[jaws-uk] Re: Laptops - Open University

  • From: "Mike Flood" <Mike.Flood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:05:23 +0000

Jamie,

No I don't think it's that simple. I'm wondering if its something to do
with "black on black" in the options menu, as I say its intermittent.

but thanks for the suggestion.

mike

>>> jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx 03/23/06 8:18 pm >>>
Mike,

The only thing that I can think of that crops up quite often regarding
text
not being spoken properly is either that the screen needs refreshed
with
Insert+Escape or maximised using Alt+Spacebar followed by Letter "X".

No idea about the font issue I'm afraid.  Are you definitely focussed
on a
specific character when you activate the command?  For example, is it
possible that you are on a list item in the "Not selected" condition?
If
so, it is likely that Jaws will not know what character you want the
font
of.

Cheers,

Jamie