[jaws-uk] Re: Laptops - Open University

Mike,

    I'm using First Class through the browser, rather than through the
provided application. I believe the application is supposed to be Jaws
friendly, but I have never found it to be particularly so. Apologies for not
making this distinction previously, I've been studying with the OU since
2002 and had forgotten about the application interface.

    In case it is the web interface you are having difficulty with, I'll go
through the process I use to locate and read a post to the First Class
conferences with the OU. I'll use the OU Service News conference, which
should be available on all students First Class desktop.

1. Follow the OU Service News link to open the OU Service News conference.
2. From the table of messages, select the message from Susan Pearce, with
the subject line, "OU Computing Helpdesk lunchtime closure Thurs 26
January".
3. Press the m key four times, to move to the fourth frame on the page.
4. Use the down arrow key to move through the header information for the
message, including Subject, To, From and Date information.
5. Continue down the page to read the body of the message.
6. Return to the top of the page and press the t key, to move to the first
table, where all other messages in this conference are listed.
7. Repeat steps 2 onwards to read another message.

    I believe that if you wish to use the web interface, you need to
uninstall the First Class application from your computer and then follow the
link from your course web site to the First Class conference. This should
then use the browser to connect to  the First Class system, instead of the
application.

HTH,
Tink.